Teh AST-601 is a batch type production deposition system. The basic model has four work station in the flat bottom fot he seven inch high work chamber. each station will accomodated a sputtering target eight inches in diameter.
This CVC Products Inc AST-601 sputtering system has the following specifications:
- The tool is manual load for a single 6 inch wafer.
- Four target sputtering system with six substrate magazine manual load lock.
- Eight inch cathodes mounted in the bottom of the chamber for sputter up operation.
- The system is presently set up for deposition with targets and an ion gun in the 4th spot.
- The sputtering DC power supply is an Advanced Energy MDX Magnetron Drive.
- A target selection switch is provided to connect the DC power supply to the desired target. Each target is shuttered by a rotating shutter which will uncover one source at time.
- The substrate rotation system will index for loading and unloading of the substrates and can continuously rotate during the deposition process. The rotation speed is controllable thru speed control potentiometer.
- An MKS model 247 flow controller/display with (2) mass flow controller is supplied in conjunction with Nor-Cal products Intellisis "down stream" pressure control system.
- The power for the main controller rack comes from the CVC unit and does not need a separate feed..
- A work heater option is also included on the unit.
- A second rack containing an RF power supply, matching network, (4) DC bias power supplies, source selector, plasma starter/igniter is included but was not used for the tool's last application.
- Also included with the RF power supply cabinet is a Spectramass "Visa" gas analyzer control unit.
- The high vacuum pumping system is a CTI Cryotorr 8 Cryo pump with hydrogen bulb, connected to the main chamber thru a pumping plenum and 8" gate-valve controlled by the Intellisys pressure controller.
- The roughing pump is not included with the system, but we have connected one of our stock pumps and are able to successefully evacuate the cryo, main process chamber and load lock.
-This system came from a working environment and has been powered up in our facility. We have presently tested the pumping systems, chamber top lift, shutter mechanism and substrate indexing mechanism.
The unit was used in a research lab as an ion beam etch dc sputtering system with Molybdenum, ITO, and Tantalum. No gold was used and they never encountered any cross contamination.
Give us a call, we would be happy to discuss this item with you!